Continental Tide Defense Systems Inc. (Continental Tide) is headquartered in Reading, PA with additional locations in Philadelphia; San Diego, CA; Bremerton, WA and Norfolk, VA. We specialize in providing engineering and industrial services to the US Navy, Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and other Department of Defense Organizations. At Continental Tide, we understand that a great company culture is one where employees know their voice is heard, no matter what their title is, and letting them grow in their role as the company does. We want to provide our employees with the opportunity to learn, be challenged and be in a position where they can succeed, develop new skills, and do things they wouldn't have the opportunity to do elsewhere. Our fast-paced and challenging environment, employees here at Continental Tide can catapult themselves to the top and we’re looking for "the best at what they do" to join our team and help us grow in new ways.
*Please note due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Continental Tide is seeking an experienced and skilled Marine Electrician. The successful candidate will join our Fleet Services Group performing various ship repair, modernization and Alteration Installation Team (AIT) projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Practical shipboard experience with HM&E systems and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues with shipboard electronic and electrical system and equipment
- Understand and interpret electrical schematics and installation drawings,
- Experience with NAVSEA cableway and connectorization, certification is a plus
- Technical expertise with, power generation and transmission equipment, and motorized valve actuators
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), fiber optics and integrated network system experience is preferred.