Continental Tide Defense Systems Inc. (Continental Tide) is headquartered in Reading, PA with additional locations in Philadelphia; San Diego, CA; Bremerton, WA and Norfolk, VA. We specialize in providing engineering and industrial services to the US Navy, Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and other Department of Defense Organizations. At Continental Tide, we understand that a great company culture is one where employees know their voice is heard, no matter what their title is, and letting them grow in their role as the company does. We want to provide our employees with the opportunity to learn, be challenged and be in a position where they can succeed, develop new skills, and do things they wouldn't have the opportunity to do elsewhere. Our fast-paced and challenging environment, employees here at Continental Tide can catapult themselves to the top and we’re looking for "the best at what they do" to join our team and help us grow in new ways.
*Please note due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with shipping and receiving processes, unload trucks and check in merchandise
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials, packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Sort and place materials or items of racks, shelves or in bin according to organizational standards
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and work stations neat
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear proper safety personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment