Continental Tide Defense Systems, Inc. (Continental Tide) is an industry leader, providing engineering and industrial services to the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and other DoD organizations. At Continental Tide, we understand that a great company culture is one where employees know their voice is heard, no matter what their title is, and letting them grow in their role as the company does. We want to provide our employees with the opportunity to learn, be challenged and be in a position where they can succeed, develop new skills, and do things they wouldn't have the opportunity to do elsewhere. Our fast-paced and challenging environment, employees here at Continental Tide can catapult themselves to the top and we’re looking for 'the best at what they do' to join our team and help us grow!
*Please note due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered. Veteran and retired candidates welcome!
Continental Tide is seeking an experienced and skilled Engineering Technician. The successful candidate will join our Fleet Services Group performing various ship repair, modernization and Alteration Installation Team (AIT) projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable and hands-on experience in operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of shipboard electrical systems.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes toward completion of assignments.
- Interfaces with customers and provides reports and briefs to management
- Experience training and mentoring personnel on the use of NAVSEA Standard Items, tooling, equipment and troubleshooting techniques
- Performs ship checks and inspections in an industrial trade (i.e., mechanic, electrician, pipefitter, welder).
- Performs calibration and alignment checks, and makes adjustments, modifications and replacements as directed.
- Interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams and schematics