Experience and Skills
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Practical shipboard experience with HM&E systems and equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues with shipboard electronic and electrical system and equipment
- Understand and interpret electrical schematics and installation drawings
- Possess NAVSEA cableway and connectorization certifications
- Technical expertise with, power generation and transmission equipment, motorized valve actuators, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), fiber optics and integrated network system experience is preferred.
Candidates must possess a high school diploma, GED or industrial school certificate
Minimum of five (5) years of experience
Ability to secure a base access and credentials
Must have or have the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
Must possess basic hand tools
Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy
equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the
specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
Ability to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces
Travel may be required within and outside of
the continental United States
Due to export control regulations, this role is open to U.S.