Continental Tide Defense Systems, Inc. (Continental Tide) is an industry leader, providing engineering and industrial services to the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and other DoD organizations. At Continental Tide, we understand that a great company culture is one where employees know their voice is heard, no matter what their title is, and letting them grow in their role as the company does. We want to provide our employees with the opportunity to learn, be challenged and be in a position where they can succeed, develop new skills, and do things they wouldn't have the opportunity to do elsewhere. Our fast-paced and challenging environment, employees here at Continental Tide can catapult themselves to the top and we’re looking for 'the best at what they do' to join our team and help us grow.
*Please note due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered. Veteran and retired candidates welcome!
Continental Tide is seeking an experienced and skilled Welder. The successful candidate will join our Fleet Services Group performing various ship repair, modernization and Alteration Installation Team (AIT) projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable in joining, fabricating, and repairing metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
- Perform various welding processes to repair, modify and install various pipes, structures, foundations and fittings associated with shipboard hydraulic, pneumatic and water systems.
- Fabricate and install fixtures and jigs required for welding process alignments. Interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process. Must be able to select required welding filler materials, joint design, heat ranges and most effective or required welding process/procedure to ensure quality welding operations IAW TWD.
- Inspect completed welds to determine structural soundness and adherence to NAVSEA, ABS & AWS standards. Installs or repairs equipment, such as pipes, valves, floors and tank linings.
- Experienced in SMAW, GMAW & GTAW, Ship Fitting and OXY ACC & Propane GAS Cutting torch. Able to weld multiple types, thicknesses & sizes of pipe, plate & bar material in horizontal, overhead and/or vertical positions. Possess basic and some advanced specialized welder's tools.