Engineering Technician II for Elevator Support Unit (ESU)
This position will work closely with Ship’s Force, Government and
contract personnel to provide technical support for US Navy ships.
This position will include assessing and repairing
electrical/mechanical and hydraulic aspects of shipboard elevators,
their control systems and sub-systems in a shop, shipboard and test
site environments. This position supports aircraft carrier elevator
installation, operation, alteration and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support and assistance on elevator systems and
components, supporting U. S. Navy shipboard cargo/weapons elevators
- Conducts research and provides drawings, technical manual
information, design specifications and engineering technical
recommendations for the condition assessment, corrective action and
the preventative measures to prevent equipment related problems from reoccurring.
- Assists with shipboard PMS accomplishment.
- Uses a variety of precision measurement standards and instruments
- Assists other contract, ships force and government personnel with
obtaining supply and repair parts information as required.
- Provides technical assistance support on complex control system
technical problems beyond the capability of ship's force or
- Provides direct communication to ship's force representative that
completely describes the mechanical systems and component problem
and solutions to correct.
- Provides input and assist with process improvement procedures.
assembles and installs equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Performs the necessary out briefs to ship's force representatives
including ship's officers and supporting personnel as well as briefs
to management within engineering department.
- Understands and follow standard and specified safety procedures
- Understands/knowledge of programmable logic controller (PLC) operation/installation