Continental Tide Defense Systems, Inc. (Continental Tide) is an
industry leader, providing engineering and industrial services to the
U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and other DoD
organizations. At Continental Tide, we understand that a great company
culture is one where employees know their voice is heard, no matter
what their title is, and letting them grow in their role as the
company does. We want to provide our employees with the opportunity to
learn, be challenged and be in a position where they can succeed,
develop new skills, and do things they wouldn't have the opportunity
to do elsewhere. Our fast-paced and challenging environment, employees
here at Continental Tide can catapult themselves to the top and we’re
looking for 'the best at what they do' to join our team and help us grow!
*Please note due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will
contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Only local candidates will be considered. Veteran and retired
Continental Tide is seeking an experienced and skilled Engineering
Technician. The successful candidate will join our Fleet Services
Group performing various ship repair, modernization and Alteration
Installation Team (AIT) projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable and hands-on experience in operation,
troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of shipboard electrical systems.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes
toward completion of assignments.
- Interfaces with customers and provides reports and briefs to management
- Experience training and mentoring personnel on the use of NAVSEA
Standard Items, tooling, equipment and troubleshooting techniques
- Performs ship checks and inspections in an industrial trade (i.e.,
mechanic, electrician, pipefitter, welder).
- Performs calibration and alignment checks, and makes adjustments,
modifications and replacements as directed.
- Interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams and schematics