Continental Tide is seeking motivated, energetic entry-level
candidates interested in the dynamic environment of U.S. Navy Ship
repair. Candidates must possess a technical school certificate or
associate’s degree, and the ability to secure a Security Credential.
Desired applicants possess experience with practical
electrical/mechanical theory, electrical and pneumatic installation
and troubleshooting methods, as well as a strong work ethic,
dedication, and aspiration to excel.
Continental Tide provides competitive wages, day light working hours,
full benefits package, and an investment in your career through
technical certifications in a wide variety of disciplines and hands-on
and classroom training from our experienced technicians. Candidates
would be required to relocate to Continental Tide’s Virginia Beach, VA location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must possess an associate’s degree or technical certificate in
electro-mechanical or mechatronics technology or program.
- Assist Senior Management, Program Managers and Project Leads with
both Surface and Submarine Alterations, Repair or Fleet
- Ensure projects and initiatives progress as scheduled and contract
specifications are adhered to.
- Performs hands-on troubleshooting, repairs and modernization
tasking on shipboard electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables. Utilizes
standard concepts, practices, and procedures within industry and
NAVSEA Standard Items to perform duties.
- Perform system removal and installation initiatives to include but
not limited to: piping and pneumatic systems, cable trunks,
and multi cable transits; transporting material/tools to and from
the worksite; standing fire watch; painting; lagging; and
assisting in weld preparation/fit up.
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by
management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission,
objectives, and goals.