Continental Tide Defense Systems, Inc. (Continental Tide) is an
industry leader, providing engineering and industrial services to the
U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and other DoD
organizations. At Continental Tide, we understand that a great company
culture is one where employees know their voice is heard, no matter
what their title is, and letting them grow in their role as the
company does. We want to provide our employees with the opportunity to
learn, be challenged and be in a position where they can succeed,
develop new skills, and do things they wouldn't have the opportunity
to do elsewhere. Our fast-paced and challenging environment, employees
here at Continental Tide can catapult themselves to the top and we’re
looking for 'the best at what they do' to join our team and help us grow!
*Please note due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will
contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Only local candidates will be considered. Veteran and retired
Continental Tide is seeking an experienced and skilled Pipe Welder.
The candidate must have a minimum of (5) or more years Commercial or
Shipyard experience and must past all position weld tests on CARBON
STEEL, STAINLESS STEEL AND COPPER NICKEL PIPE USING SMAW & GTAW,
and the ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes and
Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch Ability to properly use fillet
gauges, butt gauges, and a six inch scale. The successful candidate
will join our Fleet Services Group performing various ship repair,
modernization and Alteration Installation Team (AIT) projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create weldments, utilizing a variety of procedures, which must
pass visual (VT), magnetic particle (MT), liquid penetrant (LPT),
and/or radio-graphic inspections (RT), as appropriate.
- Supply craft for layout, fit up. Install and maintain piping
systems on board ships, and submarines such as steam, heat, power,
hydraulics, compressed air, sea water, freshwater and chilled water systems.
- Braze various pipe items to support on-site installations, fits
and assembles parts into complete assembly and verify dimensions and
alignment of assembly.
- Field determines measurement and fabricates, modifies, and/or
revises piping per sketches, isometric drawings, and blue prints
- Must possess knowledge and experience in planning layout of piping
systems following blue prints allowing for conformance to
specifications, holes, and obstructions.
- Ability to measure cut and bore holes in bulkheads and decks for
installation of piping.
- Demonstrate strong procedural knowledge of pipe bending and
shaping, and knowledgeable in operating shop machines to cut and
thread pipe and pipe fittings.
- Ability to test installed systems utilizing hydro-static or other
comparable pressure testing means for system integrity after repairs
- Thorough knowledge of types of piping materials to be utilized for
installations based on drawing or blue prints
- Performs other duties as assigned.