Continental Tide Defense Systems, Inc. (Continental Tide) is an
industry leader, providing engineering and industrial services to the
U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and other DoD
organizations. At Continental Tide, we understand that a great company
culture is one where employees know their voice is heard, no matter
what their title is, and letting them grow in their role as the
company does. We want to provide our employees with the opportunity to
learn, be challenged and be in a position where they can succeed,
develop new skills, and do things they wouldn't have the opportunity
to do elsewhere. Our fast-paced and challenging environment, employees
here at Continental Tide can catapult themselves to the top and we’re
looking for 'the best at what they do' to join our team and help us grow!
*Please note due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will
contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Only local candidates will be considered. Veteran and retired
Continental Tide is seeking an experienced and skilled Pipefitter.
The successful candidate will join our Fleet Services Group performing
various ship repair, modernization and Alteration Installation Team
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply craft for layout, fit up. Install and maintain piping
systems on board ships, and submarines such as steam, heat, power,
hydraulics, compressed air, sea water, freshwater and chilled water systems.
- Braze various pipe items to support on-site installations, fits
and assembles parts into complete assembly and verify dimensions and
alignment of assembly.
- Must possess knowledge and experience in planning layout of piping
systems following blue prints allowing for conformance to
specifications, holes, and obstructions.
- Ability to measure cut and bore holes in bulkheads and decks for
installation of piping.
- Demonstrate strong procedural knowledge of pipe bending and
shaping, and knowledgeable in operating shop machines to cut and
thread pipe and pipe fittings.
- Ability to test installed systems utilizing hydrostatic or other
comparable pressure testing means for system integrity after repairs
- Thorough knowledge of types of piping materials to be utilized for
installations based on drawing or blue prints
- Performs other duties as assigned.